Aug 16, 2013

Review- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

This review is brought to you by the Banana at the Sarcastic Palmtree!   

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

 

READ IT BEFORE YOU SEE IT!

I have to be honest... I tried to read this book for almost 2 or 3 years now... but the one thing that always got in the way was the fact that I had to read some other crappy book for school!  I have the first 6 chapters almost memorized because of this, which means the movie can't make any changes without me noticing them..  ;)    Anyway... I absolutely loved this book and once I got past the part that I memorized it got EVEN BETTER!  I'm currently on the second one and I'm almost halfway... and I'm LOVING it!  I haven't wanted to read a book this badly since I read The Hunger Games!

In case you haven't seen a trailer yet or just don't really understand what it's about yet, here's a synopsis (from the front cover I might add :D)...

When fifteen-year old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons.  Then the body disappears into thin air.  It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing-not even a smear of blood-to show that a boy has died.  Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons.  It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk.  Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon.  But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother?  And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight?  The Shadow hunters would like to know... 
 
Just a couple more details... The shadowhunters all live at a place called the Institute... They have this thing called a stele which they use to create runes that do many different things ... The runes look like tattoos... but they do different things such as have more strength and for healing...

This book has so many awesome twists and turns that it always keeps you on the edge of your seat! I love all the characters for different reasons...  I love Clary because she's willing to do anything to get her mom back... I love Jace because he is so hilariously full of himself... Simon is awesome because he will always be Clary's best friend and he'd do anything for her... Isabelle is full of herself as well (hello! she's a shadowhunter!) but she's still awesome, just like her brother Alec... Jace, Isabelle, and Alec are like family!  Then there's Church, Church is probably the coolest cat since mine was born!  One more character, Magnus Bane... he's indescribably EPIC in every way!  I would love to go see the Institute and meet all of these awesome characters as well as their awesome weapons (a Seraph Blade for example).  It's too bad I probably won't find it...  ;)  

If you still don't want to read this book or see the movie please get over yourself and just do it!  There are some awesome things that happen in this story and there's such a great group dynamic!  
If you want to see the movie... read the book first... it will make the movie probably 100 times more epic than it already will be.  
If you've already read the book... GOOD FOR YOU!  Buy your movie tickets!  I'll see you at the midnight premiere!

I give City of Bones 9 slayed demons and an epic stele to slay the last one!  :D
 
 Come check out the review for the movie in a couple weeks!  I promise it will be better than this one!  ;)

Flamingo Here!  I just wanted to say great job on this review there Banana!  I love these books as well and look forward to your reviews (and maybe our joint reviews) on the rest of them as well as the MOVIE!  So Excited!  Cannot wait!  Okay, I'm done fangirling on your review page!  =)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment