Aug 24, 2013

Review ~ Facade by Nyrae Dawn

Facade 
by Nyrae Dawn


Book description from amazon:

Can love save them?

After her father commits a crime that shatters her family, eighteen-year-old Delaney Cross is tired of pretending everything is alright. Packing up her car, she sets out to find the people her father hurt. Her search leads her to places she's never been--and into the arms of Adrian Westfall.

To the outside world, Adrian is a sexy, charming ladies man. But his playboy persona is just an act. Secretly his soul is tortured by a memory too painful to share. Only Delaney seems to see through his façade to the real man underneath. And for the first time in his life, Adrian feels he can begin to open up about his past.

Together, Adrian and Delaney share a passionate, carefree love they never expected to find. Yet both still harbor their own secrets. When the dark truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together, or tear them apart forever?


                This review was done by Flamingo 
          at The Sarcastic Palmtree


Nyrae Dawn is one of my favorite authors hands down!  Her writing hooks me on page one and I never look back.  Facade was no exception.  This book is the 2nd in Nyrae's "Game Series" following Charade which I also enjoyed very much.  Although we meet Adrian in Charade as Colt's best friend, we don't get too much of a look at him until Facade. Adrian is a guy with a lot of issues and he tries to use drugs, alcohol and women to escape his life through these fake physical releases instead of facing them.  Adrian isn't trusting of anyone, not even Colt, when it comes to the secrets of his past. Enter Delaney.  She is looking for Adrian to try and reconcile the hurt that was brought to him by a crime her father committed.  As they spend more and more time together, Adrian learns to trust and love again a little at a time.  

Although I found this book to be a bit dark compared to some of Nyrae's other books, it really had to be that way considering the story that was being told and I really enjoyed hearing Adrian's story.  He was so complex that you were constantly trying to figure him out.  I also liked how deep down he really did know how to love, he just needed someone to show him the way and pull it out of him again.  There were a couple surprises which I always like while I'm reading! "I seriously didn't see that one coming!" was something I thought more than once during this book. 

Banana has been asking me for over a week when I was going to write this review to which I would always respond "It's still marinating". It took me a while to write because this story was sticking with me for a couple days and I wanted to think about how it effected me and what I may have learned from it. I think we all have secrets that we may not want to share.  Ultimately it is about finding someone that you love, and perhaps love enough, to share our secrets with and find the help and acceptance we need to conquer our hurt or anger regardless.  Those who truly love us will always love us.

On the totally made up rating scale at The Sarcastic Palmtree
I give Facade

8 Yummy Carmel Apples
 (you will have to read the book to find out why!)



 A huge thank you to Nyrae Dawn for another great book!


 One last note due to the fact I share this blog with my 15year old son and I know he and his friends may read this,  I would not recommend this book for those under 18 due to language, drugs and alcohol use and adult content. 


No comments:

Post a Comment