May 17, 2014

Coconut's Corner ~ The Boxcar Children

Beach, Sun, Coconut Clip Art
Coconut's Corner Presents:

The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children #1)

Henry, Jessie, Violet and Benny, four orphaned brothers and sisters, suddenly appear in a small town.  No one knows who these young wanderers are or where they have come from.  Frightened to live with a grandfather they have never met, the children make a home for themselves in an abandoned red boxcar they discover in the woods.  Henry, the oldest, goes to town to earn money and buy food and supplies.
Ambitious and resourceful, the plucky children make a happy life themselves--until Violet gets too sick for her brothers and sister to care for her.


Hi this is Coconut and this book ''THE BOXCAR CHILDREN'' is a very good book. I want to say thank you to the very sweet person that gave me this book.  Her name is Amber Hodges thank you Amber. So now I'll tell you about the book and how I ended up liking it. It was about 4 kids that got abandoned so these people saw them and said you can stay here. Then when they were sleeping the lady said because Benny was not that old and he could not reach a lot he would be taken to an orphanage in the Morning but Jessie and Henry overheard so they woke up their sister Violet and told her then they woke up Benny and Benny was half asleep and half awake so they just were carrying him. So they ran away and the bakers were looking for them. So they live in a boxcar and they learn how to live in the woods in a boxcar . So that is my review see you again bye!


Coconut Corner is brought to you by my 9 year old daughter.  From time to time she likes reviewing books for us that she really enjoys.  Hopefully some of our followers with children in their lives will be able to share them. 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out Coconut!! It brought tears to my eyes to see it!

    I'm glad you liked it so much! Reading the review makes me want to go and read it again too. It's been years since I have read it!!

    You did a very good job on letting us know what goes on in the book, anyone who hasn't read it could understand the book, which is a good thing :)

    I'll have to keep an eye out on books to send your way!!

    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you amber that was so sweet of you i hope you do read it again .

      love AINSLEY (A.K.A Coconut)

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a great book. Reading's fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Anderson. I love this book. It's a good one! Yes reading is fun.

      Love, Ainsley (A.K.A. Coconut)

      Delete
  3. I loved this book when I was your age! Thanks for reviewing it, as it reminds me how great it was. I'm definitely going to go check it out from our library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my post. I hope you read it again and you like.

      Ainsley (A.K.A. Coconut)

      Delete