May 20, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books About Friendship

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by 

This weeks topic: 
Top Ten Books About Friendship
With this topic I felt like it was appropriate to intermix some children's books.  I love them so much and I feel like there is a lot we can learn from them.


#10 ~ Open Road Summer
by Emery Lord

This book is loaded with friendship vibes.  I loved the life long friendship between Reagan and Lilah throughout this book.

#9 ~ The Rainbow Fish
by Marcus Pfister

I love The Rainbow Fish.  It teaches so much about giving and sharing with people which are important qualities in a good friend.

#8 ~ Chasing Forever Down
By Nikki Godwin

I talk about this book a lot because it has so many amazing elements and one of them is a most unlikely friendship that develops throughout the story.  I absolutely love it and if you haven't read it yet, believe me when I say it is definitely worth your time!

#7 ~ Women's Murder Club
by James Patterson

This is a series I started when #6 came out.  I love this series because of the bond of friendship these ladies have with each other.  I look forward to reading Lucky 13 that just came out this week.

#6 ~ Frog and Toad are Friends
by Arnold Lobel

I didn't read very much as a kid, but this book I remember reading cover to cover more times than I can count.  When I think of books about friendship this one definitely makes the list!

#5 ~ The Outsiders
by S.E. Hinton

I devoured this book as a teen even though I wasn't a reader.  It still remains one of my favorites to this day.  The friendships in this book were amazingly strong and so well written.

#4 ~ Leonardo the Terrible Monster
by Mo Willems

This is the all time favorite book for Coconut!  I don't know how many times we read it to her before she could read, then she memorized it and "read it" to us, and now of course she can read it herself.  Leonardo is one of the best friendship books for children I have ever read and it had to make my list.

#3 ~ Charlotte's Web
by E.B. White

This book was a childhood favorite for me.  I love the friendship between Charlotte and Wilbur.  It is such a beautiful story.  Unlikely friendships are something I always enjoy reading about.

#2 ~ The Harry Potter Series
by J.K. Rowling

I probably don't need to go into much detail with this one.  There are more friendships in this book than you can count.  Laced throughout the entire series there are even friendships between the bad characters.  Friendship and loyalty are everywhere.

#1 ~ The Infernal Devices
by Cassandra Claire
The friendship between Will and Jem in this series is probably one of the strongest and well written I have ever come across.  This series is definitely my #1 when it comes to friendship.  


That's my list for this week!  Leave me your links so I can check out your top ten books about friendship!

13 comments:

  1. gosh dangit, I forgot about A.J.'s friendship with Haley in CFD. I don't have time to add it to mine now that I have to rush to get ready for work. I still need to read Infernal Devices, I just haven't had the time. I have soooo many series/trilogies I need to read. I feel I'll never get to them all!

    Harry Potter for sure made my list too :) There was no way it couldn't!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I knew HP would be on your list! I love the friendships in that book. You REALLY need to read Infernal Devices. Soooo good! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I have Harry and The Outsiders on my list too. I might have to check out the Women's Murder Club which sounds interesting. Great list.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started #13 on the Women's Murder Club. I don't read a lot of books like that but I LOVE that series. Harry and The Outsiders are just epic aren't they? Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  3. I really love that you've added some children's books to your list. It's true, there is a lot to be learnt from children's literature. A lot of important stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissi! I love children's books. It's fun when we pull them out even for my older kids that haven't read them in ages. It brings back the memories for them. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Yay for Harry Potter! I've had Infernal Devices on my TBR list for a while now. Here's my list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Keri, you HAVE to get the Infernal Devices. It is so amazing! I like them better than TMI! Thanks for stopping by today! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you are reading with ease! lol You know how much I love AJ and Haley so of course they were on the list! I love The Outsiders as well. I may have to tweet Isabella to check out my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep seeing Open Road Summer on a lot of lists. Guess I should add it to my TBR pile, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I REALLY liked Open Road Summer. It was a great read and one I would pick up again for sure! Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  7. AMAZING POST! I loved The Outsiders, The Infernal Devices and Chasing Forever Down! Open Road Summer is on my Kindle, I'll have to read it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't find that many people that have read Chasing Forever Down. I love that book so much and on so many levels! Hopefully you will enjoy Open Road Summer. I REALLY liked it. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete